Grieving or Pining Pet?
GRIEF or the effect of pining is often underestimated in pets.
The sadness, stress and upset of losing or being separated from a human or animal companion (no matter how short the period), can profoundly affect mood, well-being and the immune system - including its ability to protect the body against harmful microorganisms, and to self repair.
If this continues for any length of time, physical disease and behavioural problems can occur as a result.
Signs that a pet may be grieving or pining include:
- appearing sad or depressed
- personality changes (becoming irritable or aggressive with other pets, for example)
- howling, whimpering or whining
- increased anxiety, especially when left
- self trauma (such as chewing / biting themselves or scratching)
- waking up in the night
- loss of appetite
- disinterest in usual activities, such as going for walks, playing
- spending more time alone
- uncharacteristic behaviour
- toileting in the house
Grief Relief naturally helps to relieve stress, restore peace and lift mood, which in turn has a positive effect on overall health and well-being.
Give 3 - 4 times daily when needed to gradually restore peace and lift mood, as follows:
Using a clean finger, gently dab a drop on the lips and a paw. Also stir a few drops into your pet’s drinking water.
For added support, sprinkle several drops in the area around your pet and onto their bedding.